- Thu, Jun 10SchuylerLIMITED AVAILABILITY, in-person tour of Historic Quarry Gardens at Schuyler. This event is offered free of charge thanks to a generous gift from Board of Director member Alex Ix.
- Thu, Mar 18Zoom WebinarThis virtual discussion will consider some of the significant buildings from the “modern” period in the Virginia Piedmont area. Often overlooked, these gems include styles like Art Deco, Streamlined, Roadside, Stripped Classicism, A-Frame, and others.
- Thu, Dec 17Zoom MeetingWe invite our members to join us virtually to highlight the achievements of Preservation Piedmont and local preservationists who have done great work despite the challenges that this year has presented. We are also excited to present recipients of this year's grant's program.
- Thu, Jul 25Lighthouse Studio 220 West Market St.Bridge Builders, 2001-2016, Charlottesville VA is a compilation of biographies of Drewary Brown and 36 other citizens recognized as building bridges across racial, social, and economic barriers to create a more equitable society. Edited by Kay Slaughter and published by Preservation Piedmont
- Wed, Feb 27Stone's Throw HouseStone's Throw is a 1952 residence in the Meadowbrook Hills neighborhood designed by Edward Durell Stone, who was also the architect for Radio City Music Hall and the Museum of Modern Art in New York City as well as the Kennedy Center in Washington, DC. Stone's Throw is a private residence that Stone